Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 04:10 PM   #528 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
But education frees the mind, that is its raison d'etre. While some people may mindlessly embrace their culture, these are more likely to be uneducated than educated people.
As said before, these people accept that their education is controlled to a degree by the religious society that they're in, for many it's quite normal and the way of things and a trade off for a comfortable life.

Quote:
What does a well educated man living under sharia law do when he knows its nothing but self-serving bulls-hit? He may not have misgivings, as you say, but what does he do when he does have them?
The only thing that he can do and that is leave the country, the Middle Eastern diaspora is quite large in Europe and some of those dislike the control of religion over their lives back home. By leaving though under those circumstances they often can't go back without some fear of retribution. I've met a number of Iranians over the years here that fall into this category.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote