Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 04:51 PM   #530 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
So what? What good is his education when he lives in a society in which he cannot think freely but must subordinate that education to a religion so medieval and barbaric that no one truly educated could possibly subscribe to it if given a choice? And what good is an education to a psychopath for whom killing large numbers of people means nothing except that it makes him look like a badass? What do I need an education for if my life consists of convincing a poor, dumb, sexually-repressed rube like you to blow yourself up in a crowded marketplace so you can get your pencil-dick sucked by 72 virgins in Paradise?
it sounded to me like you were dismissing their level of education on the basis that they are from "muslim countries." i'm just saying being from egypt doesn't invalidate his education. he had a medical degree - the **** does that have to do with islam or '72 virgins'?

my main point is that the common narrative that these are backwards, oppressed & ignorant people is false. many of the terrorists are well educated and wealthy men - in scientific fields as well.

how does this help them...? well i'm sure it doesn't hurt...

also, it goes beyond the 72 virgins thing. to keep harping on that like that's the only reason for islamism is a complete oversimplification. the main concern of islamists is the establishment of an islamic caliphate, not virgins.

Last edited by John Wilkes Booth; 01-23-2015 at 04:56 PM.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote