Music Banter - View Single Post - Drink driving
Thread: Drink driving
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 03:04 PM   #62 (permalink)
Ninetales
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Agreed, but that's not necessarily an arranged thing. You can stay up too long or work too hard and be tired, sure, or drive away from a bad meeting with your ex or whatever, and in those cases it's true you should probably exercise common sense and not drive till you've recovered. But it doesn't hold a candle to driving while under the influence of alcohol, which IS an arranged thing. Nobody goes out and gets accidentally drunk. You know damn well what you're doing, and it's your fault then if you have an accident.

Also, saying this happens and that happens is not an excuse. You could say well people talk on their mobile phones while driving, but all that does is add another category to the things people should not do when driving. And for my money, drink driving is at the top of the list.
yeah its not an excuse. im not talking about getting drunk tho. a couple beers during dinner and watching sports =/= drunk. I don't think having one beer is a big deal, for me atleast, as I don't think it hinders driving skills in any discernible way ie I don't get tipsy or anything. I know my own personal limits and if ever I was worried that I was incapable of driving I would not do so. even if I was drunk.
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote