Music Banter - View Single Post - Reasons you believe God/don't believe God?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 05:54 AM   #56 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
See I do believe in God. Where I have the problem is man.. Spirituality is an all encompassing thing. And believing in something grater then ones own might, and sheer force of will is something very humbling. I used to minister to prostitutes and I heard the statement you made many many times, and I always felt like it was a disservice to the women I ministered to pat them on the shoulder and say "there there sweetie Jesus loves you." Because well that's a simple answer to a question that man CAN NOT POSSIBLY ANSWER. Man likes to think that God, thinks like him, "I'm molded after him therefore he/she must think like me." When in all actuality that is not the case. Life deals out ****ty hands man, I know because I was dealt one. But that doesn't mean it's the fault of my creator. The design was perfect. The patent was perfect, what I do, did and will continue to do with the design is entirely up to me. Do you (general you Lil) blame Ford if you buy a truck and it brakes down ten years after you buy it? Hardly. Why is God so different? The simple fact is we make our own choices, and I don't buy into the religious propaganda that is either you believe in God or you don't because that is man basically saying join my club or I won't like you. Having a connection to something deeper then your own understanding is completely worth while.
If Ford's car design were perfect, then I would indeed blame them if it broke down.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote