Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 11:38 AM   #18105 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
This evening, my great-aunt succumbed to lung cancer, brought on by a lifetime of smoking. She was the goddamned coolest relative I ever had. She moved up to my little town about a year and a half ago. I hadn't seen her in years, and when my family visited her, she didn't say, "My, how you've grown!" She said, "I'll call you young'n, and you call me ancient." She bought me my first Beatles record.

She was the black sheep of the family. Based on conversations held in hushed tones, I gathered that she was a stripper back in the '60s. She drank, swore, and had a wicked sense of humour.

We bonded instantly - I'd bike over to her house to hang out on the weekends, even bringing a friend at times. The last words she said to me were, "If you ever stop playing piano, I'll come back from hell and break all your fingers."

Rest in peace.

I think I'll go cry myself to sleep now.
I saw you post in your journal and then this post. Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you are dong well.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote