Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die- Music Banter Edition
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 06:26 PM   #301 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

146. ILYA - Poise Is the Greater Architect (2003)

By far my greatest find when purchasing an album simply because i loved the cover

What we have here is an emotional and haunting post rock album with amazing aspects of shoegaze and trip hop

right from the get go the listener is completely enthrall and seduced by Blanca Rojas haunting yet sensual vocals....the music itself is mainly warming and despondent (yes...perfectly at the same time )with wonderful interludes of jarring noise

i'm not sure why this short liver band has not received more attention both here and on other sites.....this is really sooooo up so many peoples alleys

147. Nurse With Wound - Merzbild Schwet (1980)

this is....in my most humble opinion.....the true opus of Nurse With Wound

2 tracks which create amazing audio representations of their titles....exploring the feelings, politics, main players and general reception of two major art movements

this is early Nurse With Wound so i'm not sure if the term "music" can even be applied here.....instead we get sound in motion....

Dada X...follows the format...or rather lack of format...perfectly....starting in an almost giddy fashions...with reversed sax and slowed down drum beats....and slowing moving into a happy yet discontent of all things....the perfect soundtrack for a late night walk

Futurismo.....seems to do the exact opposite....start slowly and unknowingly....and attacking the listener when they least expect it....forcing you to accept the pure neo fascist dystopia we have all created for ourselves....and then gently tell you....its all going to be ok?
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote