Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 01:56 AM   #3098 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast View Post
Yeah it's very entertaining. I'm looking for a show that is more about surviving for an extended period of time than getting out as fast as possible. I've surprisingly never checked out Survivorman but I sure will soon.
Bruce Parry's series called Tribe sounds like something you'd like, he goes around all sorts of places seeing how the natives live day to day and joins their tribe, becoming one of them, places like the Amazon, Alaska, Africa... He's been all over. I know a few more but my memory has gone a bit blank as I watch a shit load of this stuff.

Can recommend a couple films too... Grizzly Man is one. Timothy Treadwell is a proper strange bastard, it's not so much based around bushcraft as say Ray Mears and the like, this guy went to live in the wild with bears, few laugh out loud moments in it where he's having a go at the camera But a gripping film all the same.

The 2007 film 'Into The Wild' is a must watch as well. I won't spoil it for you though.

Bear Grylls has got a documentary series called The Legion which you might like as well.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote