Music Banter - View Single Post - A theory on classical music from a Rock Music fan
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 12:40 PM   #36 (permalink)
half_baked87
sammichestime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir86
i don't listen to it, and for that i get condemned. Well to a certain extent I do because it seems to be the only type of music you hear blaring from the ****ty stereo in some teenagers mommies car. Led zeppelin wrote 100+ songs without using bloody, bollock or cheerio, or any other english words liek that in their songs. Pink Floyd wrote well in excess of 100 songs using nothing but the english language. Both bands being british of course. Bob dylan has released 50 albums all of which contain the english language, yet it is rare to find 1 single modern rap song without at least one of these made up words in it. Also, what is the fascination with rims? All the above artists and many others wrote thousands upon thousands of songs in the past without one mention of rims, and yet it is the most popular subject of modern rap. Take away the subject of rims and hoes, and there would hardly be such thing as rap anymore. It is so much more amazing what 1 man, bob dylan could do with just a guitar, a harmonica, and his voice. He didnt need a dj and tons of people sittin behind computers droppin the beatz for him. It blows away rap. I would like to hear a rap instrumental too, that would be the most boring, lame, retarded thing ever. Music has always been played with instruments for centuries, not drum machines and computer made sounds, its pathetic. And why shouldn't I hate rap?
hate rap if you want to, but realize people have different dialects and get over it. i'm not a fan of mainstream rap either for a lot of the same reasons, all they talk about is bitches hoes and bling. but underground hip-hop has some of the best lyricists i've ever heard, and if they use a little slang, so ****in what? mainstream rap is complete garbage, i do agree with you there. and a rap instrumental? its a lyrical based kind of music, not instrumental. thats why you don't see any. (if there is any, my apologies before i get skooled by someone)
half_baked87 is offline   Reply With Quote