Music Banter - View Single Post - Wpnfire? Who's Wpnfire?!'s Journal
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 01:05 PM   #88 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Leave Home - RAMONES

Genre: Punk Rock
Released: 1977
Position In Discography: Second album
With a dramatic change in sound over the debut, including faster tempos and much increased clarity for the vocals and instrumentation, this album sounds very different compared to Ramones' debut. If it was not for Joey's instantly recognizable voice, which also sounds tremendously different, it would be difficult for me to accept that this is the same band who recorded songs like the gloriously lo-fi and edgy "Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue." Honestly, that is my biggest complaint with this album is the recording: I much preferred, hell, I loved how the previous album sounded. The songwriting also bothers me, whether it is because of the increased tempo I am not sure, but there is too much singing on most of the tracks.

There is only one song on this album that I love, which is abysmal compared to how many songs I loved from the prior album, but it is "Carbona Not Glue," which sounds closer to the prior album, and not like "What's Your Game" and "You're Gonna Kill That Girl," which I really dislike. "Commando," "Glad To See You Go," and "Gimmie Gimmie Shock Treatment" are my other favorites, but the rest of the tracks range from average, to pedestrian.

/5
Ramones 1976 forever.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote