Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 12:33 PM   #22641 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOCH6 View Post
Brought Robin Trower's Bridge of Sighs on the highway this morning after hearing Day of the Eagle on a compilation, blew my ****ing mind. Total stratcore wankery with very Bad Company-esque vocals. On the more energetic tracks (Day of the Eagle, Too Rolling Stoned, A Little Bit of Sympathy) Trower often throws in these super hype blues breakdowns & tempo shifts that totally make the album for me.

Stratocasters are all over the damn place and it takes some serious digging to find those who truly milk them for all they're worth. It may be premature for me to say but I feel like Robin Trower stands confidently among Stevie Ray Vaughan, Hendrix, and Ritchie Blackmore in terms of strat mastery.
I bought that when it first came out and Trower instantly became a Guitar God for me a mere 30 seconds into track one.

He's also the master of the univibe.

Speaking of 70s guitar gods, currently spinning this.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote