Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 08:22 PM   #22648 (permalink)
Overcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post

Silencer - Death - Pierce Me (2001)
I felt the urge to seek out some fucked-up sounding black metal this evening and this album hits the spot nicely. The vocalist sounds completely mentally deranged. Actually he is, he supposedly cut off his own hands during the recording of this album and was institutionalised not long after. The vocals here can be either a turn off or define the album. They sound very unsettling and make the music uncomfortable to listen to, giving it a unique atmosphere. Even the instrumentals sound great, with some nice guitar riffs and even piano pieces.
I tried listening to Silencer out of curiosity. The vocals made me burst out laughing. I can appreciate mentally deranged, but this just sounds hilarious to me and not depressive at all. I'm a very depressed human being who appreciates depressive music and I'm wishing I could see it, but I just don't.

The vocals do not unsettle me or make me uncomfortable, either. I like the instrumentals. Too bad...

Just my opinion, of course. You said it's not for everybody and that's very true.

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

Trying to make more of an effort to delve into more diverse music. Got suggestions from a friend and I'm really enjoying this one! Flying Lotus is not at all what I was expecting,
Overcast is offline   Reply With Quote