Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Metal Albums you should hear before you die
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 02:44 AM   #112 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

^^^

Yeah, I already think it's a rule in the other ones to keep to one entry per post. And preferably to actually say something interesting about the album(s). So I'm starting from 65. If you don't like it then too damn bad.

65. NME - Unholy Death - (1986)

NME were basically the American Hellhammer. Except possibly noisier. I can just imagine a bunch of mullet-clad cromags heading down to a show to see bands with talent like Judas Priest, Metallica, Slayer, etc, and then watching in confusion as these goons just make an unholy din of incompetent noise while treating their instruments like they stole something. I wouldn't blame the crowd for wanting their money back, but I'd still call them poseurs. I think NME are pretty much summed up by the chorus of the opener to this album: "We play loud, louder than hell! ****ing loud, louder than hell!"

Spoiler for ****ing loud, dude.:

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote