Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die- Music Banter Edition
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 12:42 PM   #304 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

150. My life With the Thrill Kill Kult - Confessions of a Knife (1990)

"I live for drugs" is how this amazing album starts....incorporating super fun dance beats with good by the numbers second wave industrial and great aspects of 1950s b-movie horror flicks.....and that ever present feeling of something truly Satanic

this album is as fun as it is a warning to your parents that you've started down a path of pure unadulterated darkness and will likely never return....studying themes of pure indulgence....possibly my favorite output from the infamous Wax Trax days of industrial music....this album is infectious and can still stand up to anything near this being put out today....the perfect mixture of drugs, sex and Satan.

151. The Ornette Coleman Double Quartet - Free Jazz (1961)

i'm not 100 percent sure but....i think this album is the only time something quite like this has ever been done

basically what you have is two bands....one in the left channel and one in the right channel....playing to completely different and completely improvised songs

what happens is a unique listening experience that changes every time you listen to it.....and ultimately will sound different on different formats....ie stereo headphones verses stereo sound system and very different in mono

this is also the first use of the term "free jazz"

needless to say this is unlike anything else out there....and should be heard by everyone at least once...personally every time i go to a new city i like to take public transportation and walk around getting lost while listening to this album over and over
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote