Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 Radiohead Albums
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Slushburgh
Groupie

Default Top 5 Radiohead Albums

Yes, I took this idea from the Top 10 Pink Floyd Albums thread. Who cares?

Anyways, Radiohead is my favorite band and I just wanted to list what I think are the top 5. For me. Just remember that these are my personal favorites and music taste is subjective. If you do want to leave hate then remember to spell check so you can at least look mature and intelligent. Feedback and opinions are warmly welcomed.

5. Hail To The Thief
This record has a little bit of everything on it besides King of Limbs but that's a given. I'm not lying when I say this album is a Mario Kart mystery box, except instead of bananas or turtle shells we are given Radiohead's different era's. Songs like 2 + 2 = 5 and Go To Sleep remind us of The Bends, while songs like Backdrifts give us a creepy Kid A(/Amnesiac) sort of feel. This record has 14 tracks too (the largest number of tracks on a Radiohead album ever) giving us lots of variety.

4. The Bends
After the beating that the media gave Pablo Honey, this record was a HUGE surprise to critics and even fans everywhere. Witty, and kick-ass, this record showed the start of what Radiohead was capable of. Like some of their later works, this album makes you feel one thing one second, then another thing the next second. It's that good, people.

3. In Rainbows
OK Computer part 2. Ten years later, the sound that brought 90s listeners to their knees was brought back and didn't age a bit. Of course this record brought on conspiracies with the number 10 being brought up and the obvious link between this record and OK Computer. 10 songs, ten years since OK Computer, and the famous 01 10 playlist that you can make with these two records. In Rainbows was also released on October 10th (10/10). The conspiracy about Thom Yorke planning the link between these two records doesn't sound crazy and I would believe him if he came out and said he did.

2. OK Computer
"Just remember that these are my personal favorites and music taste is subjective. If you do want to leave hate then remember to spell check so you can at least look mature and intelligent."
This is why that is necessary.
Just remember that just because this record isn't number 1 doesn't mean that I am dissing it or putting it down in any way. This record is beautiful, and as I said it brought 90s listeners and critics to their knees, literally. I do have to acknowledge that this record has the greatest legacy of them all. The Radiohead guys became international superhits after this dropped.

1. Kid A
I love experimental albums. I love watching bands change and grow. This is my favorite record of all time, all the experimentations work out perfectly. From Everything In Its Right Place to Motion Picture Soundtrack, it's perfect. 'Nuff said.
Slushburgh is offline   Reply With Quote