Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 02:03 PM   #5576 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytennis View Post
Getting relegated would be a disaster for us, it would affect us more than most clubs. Nobody would buy us, we'd lose all our top players and it would take us years to recover & come back up.

It's not the players that are the issue. They have to take some of the blame (especially Gabby, Benteke & N'Zogbia) but the real problem is Lambert, he's a chancer. We have changed our personnel, approach w/ regards to the transfer market & style of play multiple times, he is the one constant of the past three years.

If I wasn't a Villa fan I'd honestly want us gone, we're stinking up the league and robbing a place in the Premier League off clubs who can actually entertain and want to have a go at scoring.
Villa think their place in the Premiership is a god-given right. Sure, it could be really bad if/when we went down, but it would shake up all those egos who think there's no way we're gonna end up in the Championship.

Agree about Lambert, but I'm always loath to put all the blame on the manager's shoulders. Guys here need to step up. Compete, for ****'s sake. Arsenal could have won without even turning up last week. We were lucky to get nil!