Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 08:47 PM   #262 (permalink)
Key

Linkin Park - The Hunting Party

So, i'm a fan of Linkin Park, sue me. I've been a fan of their ever since I heard Hybrid Theory for the first time, and fell in love with it right away. Meteora did the same thing, was in love the first time I heard it. Then of course they changed their sound to a much more electronic thing, and I kind of lost interest. Then we got an album that was described as being a "throwback to the old style", that was The Hunting Party, or that was the goal at least. I didn't see it, however. I found this album to be mediocre at best, and that's again coming from someone who was always hoping they'd bring themselves back to the rock n roll that they did so well at in the past. It just felt like they were focusing so much on trying to go back to their old sound, that they lost the touch that they had when they were still doing their old sound. The rapping felt forced, the guitar chords weren't stellar in any way, and the vocals were mediocre. With as many bad things I can say about it, there are certainly a few good things I could say. For one, the artwork is neat, it sort of had a "i'm shooting down the electronic us down" feel to it. Maybe i'm just saying that for the hell of it. As for the songs are concerned, none of them really struck me to be something i'd listen to on a regular basis, and that's a shame, because I had high hopes that i'd finally get a "classic" Linkin Park album. One song in particular really just rubs me the wrong way...

Guilty All The Same was released as a single, and man, they could have chosen something better to give people a preview for what to expect on the album. What i'm trying to say is...Guilty All The Same brought peoples expectations up, and when the album was finally released, Guilty All The Same was the only track on the album that even felt like it was something you'd find on Hybrid Theory or Meteora. So I am saying it's a good track, but the way they previewed the album was done terribly.

It really is a shame that for me that this album didn't meet my expectations. Even after a few more listens it just doesn't do it for me. Maybe after a couple years it'll become a Hybrid Theory / Meteora, but as far as it goes right now, it's just another CD that you'd expect to find in a bargain bin.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote