Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 08:18 AM   #30394 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

people here(nc) are friendly as ****. like they hold the door for you and stuff like that. they stop and let you cross the road, even if its inconvenient for them. they even wave at you even though they don't know you.

anyway i get the charm in this and i'm not knocking it or saying i dont think it sounds nice in theory. but in reality i prefer people from big cities because they just pretend you don't exist if they don't know you, which works perfectly for me.

but these people stop and hold the door even if i'm 10 paces behind and walking up the stairs, so then i feel like i have to hurry up cause now i feel obliged to not waste the doorholder's time. then i say thank you to be polite but in my mind i'm saying you should have just gone on without me man i had the door situation under control tbh.

meanwhile i am always in a hurry so i really don't hold the door much unless the person is a pretty girl or old or crippled or something. i just don't have that kind of patience. i got called out on it once. some chick was like "thanks for not holding the door for us." i just smiled at her like what, you're serious? then walked away. i'm used to the whole door holding thing being a courtesy, not an obligation.

anyway i was coming out of the bank today and there was this enormous fat broad painstakingly hobbling towards me. i felt pretty obligated to hold the door for her because it looked like each step had to hurt. only she was a good 20 paces away and her paces were slow as **** so i got stuck holding the door like an idiot for an awkward amount of time. then as she approached she said "i'm just going to the ATM, but thanks anyway." so then i was like fml this is why i don't hold the door for people
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote