Music Banter - View Single Post - Hardcore Mosh Pits
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 10:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

I remember back in the day of like 2006 - 2008, when I was in my early teens and going to my first big stadium metal shows like Slayer, Megadeth, Lamb of God and those sort of bands I would look down on the pit from my comfy seats and see that sort of thing happening almost every show. But by the time I had started attending bar metal / punk shows like Ghoul, Toxic Holocaust, Prong, Kreator, Overkill, Golers, White Lung, and countless Vancouver local bands around ~2012 and beyond I never saw it in the pit again, and haven't to this day. I think that kind of moshing was either a trend for a while or is regional to certain scenes or something just seems to allude the shows I go to. Not even 1 guy, it's all normal pits or circle pits around these parts.

But I don't know, it's hard to say. I very rarely go to shows outside of the thrash / punk scene. I've never been to a post hardcore show or anything like that, I'd imagine it's still quite prevalent in that scene. As for my opinion on it, don't really care, if that's how pits are in a particular scene that's how they are, participate or don't.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote