Music Banter - View Single Post - Controversial opinion on music?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 05:58 AM   #65 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray View Post
Well, in my opinion anyway, acting by definition requires a high level of maturity and a very high level of talent and skill.

At the risk of turning this into an acting vs singing debate let me put it this way, anybody can sing and dance around, it's just a fact especially in today's world of autotune, playbacks etc. pretty much anybody can sing, now more than ever before it's a talentless profession.

In fact, the art in the music industry is actually in the writing in my opinion, not the singing or dancing. Writing unique songs with good lyrics, that's where the talent lies. I appreciate good writing, I am a big fan of Eminem's work, Lose Yourself is a classic example of genuine creativity. Did I enjoy seeing Eminem perform it by moving around like a drunken hobo on stage? No. But I can see the talent in the words.

Acting on the other hand, takes genuine talent and skill. To perform a story like Shakespeare on stage and appear as the characters on the script, memorize all those lines and try to appear as closely resembling the character as possible takes an immense amount of dedication and skill. It's a raw profession where it's clear who is good at it and who is not. The same cannot be said about music. It takes no skill to shake your booty and jump around like a kid.
What about opera singers? I mean they're singers so they're obviously not talented and yet they're on stage acting. They should be ashamed.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote