Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 10:33 PM   #18170 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

This week has been a living hell.

I decided I was going to quit drinking. 4 days sober now. 2 days in absolute hell from withdrawal. During those two days, my store acquired a transfer employee, whose jacket was accidentally thrown into the compactor, and later in the week she vomited all over the ladies' room and felt the need to leave it for someone else to clean up.

People from our corporate offices have been visiting our store all week because we're kind of a big deal.

They've stolen half the chairs in our break room, and due to their watchful eye, the front door is always locked in the morning, which means that we all have to call to ask for someone to unlock the damn door. It's also been raining pretty much every day.

There was also a salesfloor reset, which means that certain sections were condensed (whole lot of product forced into tiny spaces = more work for the rest of us the next day) and rearranged. I caught on quickly but the rest of my team (as they spend less time on the salesfloor as I do) is disadvantaged.

My eczema is acting up again on my right hand. Thankfully I have the right medicine to get it under control before it devours the entire thing (again).

To top it all off, the only day I have off during my workweek this week will be Sunday. Because we're having back-to-back sale days. Next day off will be Saturday.

I'm also totally manic, which is pretty cool, but I know I'm gonna crash and burn eventually.

I definitely picked the wrong week to quit drinking.