Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal & Rock Music Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 05:48 AM   #1617 (permalink)
Imakandi
Groupie

I'm just going to bulk list metal I love (I'll tag Asian stuff with an A, Scratch that tagging EU stuff with a U, because some of Asian bands have identical names to other EU bands), and hope someone knows of something I'd like, or more importantly, hasn't heard of the stuff I'm listing. I'm trying to break out into metal genres other than Powermetal currently. I'll try to list favorites first. Some of the Asian Metal listed is very obscure on sites like Youtube.

Dragonforce (U) - Inhuman Rampage
Galneryus (A)
Diablo Swing Orchestra (U) - They are more other genres than Metal, but whatever.
Cthonic (A), Taiwanese Black Metal
Machinae Supremacy (U) - Rise of a Digital Nation.
Marty Friedman (A), the guitarist for Megadeath. Its odd because I found his solo stuff first, and only really listen to his solo/ duo stuff not involving them. I just started listening to Megadeath 10 sec ago, because I just thought to..
Nightmare (A) - The World
Zigoku Quartet (A)
Takayoshi Ohmura (A) - Emotions in Motion. The first song has alot of riffs.
Tokyo Jihen (A)

5150 (A), Albion (A), The Algorithm (U), Animetal (A), Anthem (A), Area51 (A), At the Gates (U), AvelCain (A), Babymetal (A), Blitz (A), Bloodstain Child (A), Born (A), Ch'aska (U), Concerto Moon (A), Cross Hard (A), Cycle (A), Cynthia (A), D (A), D A M (U), Dark Avenger (U), Death Rabbits (A), Deathgaze (A), Decapitated (U), Derdian (A), Destrose (A), Dialectic Soul (U), Diesear (U), Eluveitie (U), Folkheim (U), Frosty Eve (A), Fumihiko (A), Gunhaioque (U), Gunbridge (A), Hibria (U), I AM I (U), Infinite Tales (U), Jupiter (A), Kamelot (U), Kissing the Mirror (A), Light Bringer (A), Lightning (A), Lilith (A), Masaaki Endoh (A), Mind of Asian (A), Minstrelix (A), Mistery Circle (A), Moi dix Mois (A), Myrath (U), Mykgrav (U), Nocturnal Bloodlust (A), Norther (U), Noveria (U), Oathean (U), Panther (A), Rentrer en Soi (A), Sadie (A), Samsas Traum (A), Sex Machine Guns (A), Virgin Killer (A), Skiltron (U), Skywings (A), Striker (U), Synk;yet (A), Syu (A), Turisas (U), Vandroya (U), Versailles (A), Wizards (U)

I ended up listing more than I wanted because I am bad at picking favorites. The stuff at the top is the stuff that stands out to me, but thats only because I found that stuff first. I love every band listed!

Last edited by Imakandi; 02-07-2015 at 05:55 AM. Reason: added info
Imakandi is offline   Reply With Quote