Music Banter - View Single Post - Why is modern Hip-Hop music, aswell as mainstream pop so hated by people?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 10:37 AM   #109 (permalink)
Imakandi
Groupie

Since I really dislike both genres I'll at least objectively say why I don't like both. The majority of the rap I have heard, including odlschool rap, always sounds really negative. Not just the lyrics, but Asian rap I can't understand feels negative. Its in their tone, their beats, and the melody of the song. I do like positive rap, and really need to find more to listen to. I know alot of people who say they hate rap, but I can list these same rappers I like, and they almost always like them. Most Gorillaz stuff, The Roots, and the Jazzier Diggy-Mo' songs are the only rap artists I really like.

For mainstream pop theres too much studio tricks. Alot of them just come up with one cool sounding thing, and repeat it do death. Or really pile on the voice enhancers to the point that they sound like Vocaloid. I'm not saying every single one of them are bad, but it feels like the producers are making the music, and the artists are just singing what they are told to sing. Theres a reason the only 'mainstream' pop I listen to is Asian stuff, like Flow, and Yui. It would actually be cool if someone could find mainstream pop that I liked, just so I could say theres a good one out there.

I want to laugh at the fact that people are dissing music by saying the artists look stupid though. Seriously, anyone that believes that go look up Visual Kei, and look at their outfits and tell me their looks influence their music. They all play a similar style, but thats the culture of Visual Kei, and has little to do with their outfits.
Imakandi is offline   Reply With Quote