Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 11:43 AM   #268 (permalink)
Key

Testament - Dark Roots of Earth

Testament released Dark Roots of Earth back in 2012, and I somehow missed it when it was released. That's most likely due to me not listening to Testament as much as I probably should. Or maybe I tried to listen to them and I wasn't in the right mood or something. I don't know. Either way, this album is fantastic. It starts off with a really nice heavy and groovy track that paves the way for the rest of the album:

^That track does give you a pretty accurate idea of what to expect out of the album as a whole, and this track alone is amazing.

Testament, like I said, are one of the thrash metal bands that I haven't paid much attention to. I think for me, they have the same "curse" as bands like Anthrax have. Great music, but sort of thrown to the side because of other bigger bands. Thing is, I would probably listen to Testament every day over bands like Megadeth and Metallica, especially with the album they've been releasing lately.

I don't know a whole lot about Testament's earlier albums, but i'll give them a listen in time. I will say that if you're looking for a good reason to listen to this band, this album will give you a really good feel for what to expect from 2012 on. Maybe their earlier albums are just as good, maybe they're not. I can't make the claim because I just don't know from experience. Either way, i'm happy I went back and listened to this album, it'll make it's way into my personal catalog, along with their other albums.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote