Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Metal Albums you should hear before you die
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 08:32 AM   #136 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

81. Marduk - Panzer Division Marduk - (1999)

Note: So far as I know, Marduk aren't associated with Nazism. I'm assuming they took their name from the Sumerian god Marduk, and there also happened to be a Panzer Division Marduk in WWII.

Many black metal purists don't like this album, as A.) it's heavy influenced by death metal, and B.) it has relatively clean production. These people suck, as this is quite possibly the most intense black metal album I've ever heard, and it gives even the most brutal of death metal bands a run for their money. I'd call this war metal, but whereas most of those bands have pretty muddy production, this album has a much fuller sound, which really lets the aural assault hit you with full force. All the songs sound the same, but who the **** cares?

Extra points for the greatest song name in all of music: "Christraping Black Metal". Honorable mention: "Fist****ing God's Planet".

Spoiler for Rape that Christ, dudes!:

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote