Music Banter - View Single Post - So THIS is where you all are.
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Ladies and Gents, I have a good feeling about Banter and would like to stick around. I'd been searching high and low for a literate music community with an interest in experimental sound.

I have found some wonderful peers via closed/secret international FB vinyl groups, comprising musicians, engineers, etc. But the local branch was mostly 24hrs of AC/DC and Zeppelin. (Nothing wrong with that - just not my bag.)

In a last-ditch effort, I joined a music group on Goodreads, thinking, "They'll surely be filled with literate discussions from fellow music and book enthusiasts!"

I found the group for the site and composed some thoughtful responses to the music-related topics.

Then I scrolled down to read the active threads...

Justin Bieber, Shakira, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Lorde, Nicki Minaj, Carly Rae Jepsen, Rihanna, Alicia Keys , Selena Gomez, Christina Aguilera, and Miley Cyrus.

I backed out the group slowly, clicked 'LEAVE GROUP' and frantically searched Google for "where the hell do people congregate to have active and informed discussions on 20th century music and the arts?"

And that's how I found MusicBanter. Hello! Nice to be here.
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote