Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 05:05 AM   #13199 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Not really, but a lot of times if I'm reading about music I'll put it to the relevant artist/topic. I mostly read fiction though, but I do tend to play a lot of drone when I read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyrada View Post
I have a hard time listening to music and reading at the same time. ... S'probably why it makes more sense to play ambient or drone music when you're reading. Something passive and atmospheric.
I agree with the both of you - more often than not I'm playing ambient music while I read. One unique exception was Ross' The Rest Is Noise which has a companion website featuring each of the recordings discussed, however that is more for active listening and research than for creating a sonic environment for reading.

Once again I'm absolutely delighted to have found a community with members who enjoy ambient and drone music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast View Post
It's been a long time since I listened to GY!BE. Just as good as I remember.
Great stuff! I have the F#A#8 LP with all the crazy inserts and am eagerly awaiting the February vinyl reissue of Sigur Ros' ().

I'll one day chase down The Tired Sounds of The Stars of the Lid and The Refinement of The Decline on wax as well!
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote