Music Banter - View Single Post - Comics/Graphic Novels
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 10:37 AM   #298 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Well, I've heard rumors that they're going to do Civil War, and from what I hear Spider-Man was a big part of that storyline, so that would be a big win for them if they could actually include him. Otherwise, I imagine they'll just try to give him a cameo in an Avengers movie or something just to build buzz.

Regardless, I'm sure they also want access to him on principle, as not having any with one of their biggest characters isn't a good thing.
Civil War will be the next Captain America movie, however they're not recreating the comic version (and thank christ for that), they're just using some ideas, one of which would be Black Panther taking Spider-Man's place as the character both sides try to win over. I really hope they don't mess that up to introduce Spider-Man because it's a good way of introducing Black Panther to the general public, showing him kick ass, and getting people hyped for his 2017 solo movie.

As for Spider-Man, yeah I do think it is mostly on principle and well... because they can. I'm curious if they get more than just Spider-Man though, like if they (Marvel) have access to characters like Spider-Woman, Madame Webb, etc. I'm also curious if they're going to go with Peter Parker or Miles Morales. I kind of suspect they'll go with the former just because that's what the general public wants, but Miles Morales would be my preferred pick. He's a new and interesting character (pretty much the only good thing to come out of the Ultimate universe) and it's the easiest way to disassociate the new movie from the ASM-universe.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote