Music Banter - View Single Post - Comics/Graphic Novels
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 11:26 AM   #301 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Not going to happen, if Spider-Man hasn't been established in the MCU then they're not going to make him the focal character of a movie set to be released in just over a year. I suspect he'll show up at some point as a photographer, maybe at the end of the movie but he's of no importance to the story of the MCU at this point.

I also suspect his backstory will be pieced out from 2015 to 2017 in the various movies and tv shows. As Marvel has said they're done with origin stories we'll probably just get bits of dialogue about muggers stuck to walls and a pan shot of an issue of the Daily Bugle with the headline "SPIDER-MAN MENACE". Boom, character is established, he has his powers, he has his costume, and he's presumably web-slinging around the city. No need to show Uncle Ben dying, no need to show him making his costume, and no need to bore anyone and waste an hour of your film.
If you're talking about Superior Spider-Man, then I was just speaking in general that I'd dig a movie about that storyline at some point. I don't know what you mean about an origin story, as that series had nothing to do with origins.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote