Music Banter - View Single Post - Blood and Diamonds: A High Energy Story
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 09:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Before I start the next chapter, I'd like to quickly thank a few people. First off, Zedd123 (aka Jade City), the plug extraordinaire who won me over to the amazing world of Funk and Disco, as well as introducing me to Hi-NRG music and inspiring this journal. Then there's Violet (Aka JustinJJustin), who kicked me until I started updating my journals again. And of course, I also have to thank Neapolitan, because he's probably the kindest and most supportive person around!

Chapter Six

Before the Blue Shirt had time to react, the glowing light in front of him let out a wave of energy as it exploded throughout the alley. His ears ringing, he slowly opened his eyes and tried to see through the thick smoke that had appeared before him. In time, the smoke was parted by the wind, and the Blue Shirt made out six figures in front of him. Five of them were standing up and stretching their arms and legs, while one was laying motionless on the ground. One of them noticed the figure on the ground, and bent over to examine them. "Well, ****," they spoke, "Gor got made. Looks like one of the shots went right through his heart." One of the figures shook their head and sighed, before saying "Well, at least we made it." They stopped and looked around, before continuing with "We did make it, didn't we?" "You mean, is this Earth?" the kneeling figure responded. The first figure nodded, and the kneeler said "Well, my calibrations were forced. You know, with lasers being shot at me and all that. But the coordinates sent by the beacon should have been accurate... we had to leave in quite a hurry, and it's possible that the beacon was too far gone to accurately transport us, but we should be in North America... or was it South America? Either way, Earth. So... yeah?" The first figure stared blankly at the kneeler for a moment, before looking towards the Blue Shirt and asking "Hey you, is this Earth?" The Blue Shirt nodded, the pain of his wounds being completely forgotten by his mind, which was now too confused to feel much of anything.

"Don't talk to the people," said the kneeler, who began to stand up. The first figure rolled their eyes, and said "I thought you loved Earth, and it's culture. Isn't that why you chose to start the revolution here, making us learn all of those human languages and customs?" "Well, yes, but... I mean, I like humans in theory, but they're covered in diseases, and touch each other far too often." The smoke had now completely lifted, and the first figure walked towards the human, ignoring the second figure's warnings. They appeared to be a female, with blue-green skin like the rest of the aliens, and had a strange type of sword strapped to their back. Kneeling in front of the Blue Shirt, she said "Hola. My name is Retix. If my understanding of your culture is correct, I am what you'd refer to as an alien. And, if my understanding of your cinema is correct, you're probably thinking that i'm about to violate you with a variety of scientific tools, or perhaps impregnate you with my offspring. However, I assure you that these fears are entirely unwarranted. You see, we come in peace." She smiled at him expectantly, and he continued to stare at her with a confused expression. Her smile began to fade, and she said "What? Heyt assured me that that was an authentic human joke. I thought..." "Heyt?" asked the Blue Shirt. "Oh, he's the one who was just talking about your various diseases."

One of the figures began to approach Retix and the Blue Shirt, while Heyt rolled his eyes and said "Oh, let's all just gawk at the human, shall we? Maybe we should touch them as well, just to really make sure that we get covered in their diseases?" The figure seemed to be a female, like Retix, although their hair was much longer and curlier. "He seems to be excreting fluids," she spoke, "which I think means he's either been wounded, recently released an amount of waste, or is currently copulating... regardless, maybe an alley isn't the right place for us to get acquainted with him?" Retix nodded, and said "You're right. Human, would you please lead us to a location that is both safe and private?" The Blue Shirt blinked, and said "I... I have an apartment," in a weak voice. "Well," said Retix, "please lead the way." The Blue Shirt stood up, and began to walk towards the metro station with the aliens following closely behind. Though they had blue-green skin and metallic clothing, not a single person on the train gave them more than the occasional questioning glance.

After they had reached his apartment, the Blue Shirt let them in and flicked the light switch. Of course, the aliens walked around his home and curiously examined everything there was to see. The curly haired alien's eyes widened as she spotted his television, and she said "No Way!" as she leapt unto his sofa and grabbed the remote. "I've learned all about these! I mean, Heyt showed us all the waves and scans he picked up, but I've always wanted to get the authentic experience...", the television flickered on to show a monster stomping through an unfortunate city, and the alien gasped and said "I can't even ****ing believe it!" She shot the Blue Shirt a glance and said "Oh, by the way, I love the exclamations and curses you humans have. **** is my favorite. It's just insanely addictive to say, you know? Just sounds so good and right. ****, ****, ****..." "So... who are you?" asked the Blue Shirt. The curly haired alien smiled, and said "Oh, sorry, I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Qez." The Blue Shirt looked around nervously, and added "I'm Luke. But what I meant was... you know, who are you people? Normally, I'd just think that you're painted up disco-dogs or somethin', but that light back in the alley..." Qez shrugged, and responded with "We're just a couple of folks trying to find a home." "Don't you have, like, a home planet or something?" asked Luke, and Qez simply shook her head and responded with "Not anymore."

Heyt walked over to them, and after clearing his throat said "Look, Señor Luke, to put it very simply, we're fugitives. However, while our planet is now inaccessible to us, we're very well equipped to make this wonderful place, Earth, our new home." Luke raised an eyebrow and asked "Señor?" Heyt also raised an eyebrow, and he responded with "Yes, isn't that an authentic masculine title in America? Anyway, it hardly matters at the moment. What truly matters is that we find a way to complete our plan." "Your plan?" asked Luke. "Yes. You see, back on our planet, we were all part of the caste of nobility. However, our right to rule was denied when our people were enslaved by a certain Threx Empire that has lately been expanding throughout the cosmos. Of course, our people eventually rose up in rebellion, and we used all of our resources to find a way to relocate to another planet, one that was far away from the reach of the Threx Empire. Here, on Earth, we will make our final stand. We will find a way to claim dominance over this planet, uniting humanity under our banner as an army capable of great accomplishments." Luke shook his head, and said "Wait, what? You want to dominate us?" Heyt shrugged, and responded with "If we don't, the Threx Empire will conquer you just as they conquered our own people. Look, maybe [i]dominate[i/] was too harsh a word. I think the word lead is more accurate. We want to help humanity. We have a great deal of technology, and I know that if we collaborate with humanity we can find a way to fight our soon-to-be common enemy. So, what do you say? Will you help us?" Luke stared blankly ahead for a few moments, lost in thought and confusion. He sighed, grabbed a bottle of beer, and took a drink as he sat on the sofa next to Qez, saying "Sure."
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------

Last edited by Oriphiel; 10-11-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote