Music Banter - View Single Post - Wpnfire? Who's Wpnfire?!'s Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 09:48 PM   #114 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Screaming For Vengeance - Judas Priest

Style: Heavy Metal
Released: 1982
Position in discography: eighth album
I apologize for going out of order, but I will do Point Of Entry another time. Judas Priest continues the pop metal/kick ass sound they laid down with British Steel, but a tad more varied. "The Hellion" opens the album with searing power chords, and segues right into "Electric Eye." The guitar tone is a high-point for sure. "Bloodstone" has an awesome intro that careens head on into the rest of the song. Honestly, this could be my favorite right here. Those riffs combined with the echo-effect on Halford's operatic singing is highly addicting. After a disappointing track in "(Take These) Chains," the listener is rewarded with the anthemic "Pain and Pleasure," which totally rules, though it sounds a bit out of place, and dare I say, country-ish? "Screaming For Vengeance" has some quick riffing and Halford sings very differently compared to the prior track. I am not sure why this song gets a lot of praise, Halford just sounds bad to me. "You've Got Another Thing Coming" is another solid track, but "Fever" is dull. The final track rectifies the tail end of this album with some solid guitar work, and intense, Robert Plant-like vocals from Halford.

An impressive release from Judas Priest, and based on what I have heard about their last album, this is a whole lot better than that.

/5
Did I mention that "Screaming For Vengeance" was my 666th Judas Priest track scrobbled?

Last edited by Wpnfire; 02-10-2015 at 11:08 PM.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote