Music Banter - View Single Post - So THIS is where you all are.
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #30 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
I'd been searching high and low for a literate music community with an interest in experimental sound.

I have found some wonderful peers via closed/secret international FB vinyl groups, comprising musicians, engineers, etc. But the local branch was mostly 24hrs of AC/DC and Zeppelin. (Nothing wrong with that - just not my bag.)

In a last-ditch effort, I joined a music group on Goodreads, thinking, "They'll surely be filled with literate discussions from fellow music and book enthusiasts!"

I found the group for the site and composed some thoughtful responses to the music-related topics.

Then I scrolled down to read the active threads...

Justin Bieber, Shakira, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Lorde, Nicki Minaj, Carly Rae Jepsen, Rihanna, Alicia Keys , Selena Gomez, Christina Aguilera, and Miley Cyrus.

I backed out the group slowly, clicked 'LEAVE GROUP' and frantically searched Google for "where the hell do people congregate to have active and informed discussions on 20th century music and the arts?"

And that's how I found MusicBanter. Hello! Nice to be here.
Same here. I searched high and low using different parameters and keywords, and MB is the best of what I could find. Still surprising that as big and culturally relevant as music is, there isn't much in the way of discussion of it in so far as forums go. Kind of odd, although it's encouraging to see a dedicated Electronica section here.

Welcome aboard.
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote