Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 07:52 AM   #18205 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I'm having a ****ing horrible day. I have bills coming out of my ears from all different businesses, I can't survive on the bull**** they call welfare and I got offered a job to find out that I'll spend $18 in travel (3 hours travel time) to do one measly hour tutorial as a maths tutor. That's over half of what my rate is. I want to jump off a ****ing bridge I'm so sick of this ****. I hate borrowing money off people and owing my ****ing soul to doctors and pharmacies because I have 2 ****ing diseases that I didn't ****ing ask for. I have to take a butt load of medication and all I want to do is swallow the lot and say goodnight. I haven't felt this low in a long time. If anyone cares I'm not suicidal but it would be much easier than trying to scrap by like this. Somehow I'll get through this. I was going to ring for a food parcel but am sure they won't consider me broke enough because I don't have 7 kids to feed and not an alcoholic. I guess I will be back to job hunting I think and of course that will be delayed because I have a surgery on the 25th of Feb which requires weeks of recovery.
I remember you mentioning the surgery a while back. What are the chances that they will fix your issues? My mother had a serious issue with a disease I can't remember the name of off the top of my head, but there was an artery that was somehow constricting her stomach, making it nearly impossible to eat (she pretty much consisted on a diet of protein shakes and ice cream). All the doctors just wrote her off as anorexic, since it was causing her to lose a drastic amount of weight. This all went on for over year, and she was well under a hundred lbs (about 45 kg) near the end, and dangerously malnourished.

Luckily my grandfather was a surgeon back in the day, so he had a lot of contacts to draw on, and since he was retired he was able to pretty much make it his job to figure out what was wrong with her. He got her appointments with the best doctors and surgeons around the country, and probably saved her life, pretty much single-handedly.

I mention all this because she finally had surgery to fix her issue late last year, and was laid up for about month. So I have feels for the downtime you're about to have, and know what it's like to have to worry about whether a surgery will be successful.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote