Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal & Rock Music Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #1623 (permalink)
mythsofmetal
Music Addict

I've kinda been debating internally whether to even really call Melechesh or Absu Blackened Thrash Metal because it puts more emphasis on the Thrash aspect, when I really see them more as energetic aggressive Black Metal bands with high technical skill. I guess I'd probably feel better with a label like Thrashing Black Metal to be honest.

For some new recommendations try out Ænigma by In Vain, No World Order by Gamma Ray, Temple of Shadows by Angra, The Serpent's Manifolds by Transcending Bizarre?, Theogonia by Rotting Christ, Wintersun by Wintersun, Time I by Wintersun, Those Once Loyal by Bolt Thrower, Surgical Steel by Carcass, Mare Nostrum by Stormlord, and Kraft by Vreid.

I'm curious what songs you've listened to from those 5 thrash metal bands because some of their stuff is quite fast and even melodic, but I know those bands have also released some fairly weak albums, and I hadn't recommended anything specifically from them, so try out (if you haven't already) the albums The Electric Age by Overkill, By Inheritance by Artillery, and the songs "True American Hate", "Electric Crown", "Souls of Black", and "Alone in the Dark" by Testament. Plus the two Vektor songs "Tetrastructural Minds" and "Cosmic Cortex.
mythsofmetal is offline   Reply With Quote