Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #2353 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Another band I've listened to a few times and really dug, but never got around to exploring as much I'd like. Holy **** this is a brutal song. I'm gonna have to do some serious listening to figure out which Killing Joke album to put up in the industrial metal album battle of my Metal Album Survivor thread.

Can't find an album version on Youtube, but this live version is just as intense. Skip to about 1:00 if you don't want to listen to the singer rant about Jesus. Fun fact: the band broke up for the first time when that guy went crazy and fled to Iceland in order to escape the coming nuclear holocaust. This was almost as good as when he went crazy and supposedly hired a hitman to kill one of the people who worked at his record company (he called it off at the last minute).

You should check out their 2006 album Hosannas From the Basement of Hell, it has a similar vibe although I think leans more towards sludge/ drone at times. I think "Walking With Gods" is probably the most similar sounding song to "Asteroid"

Also, welcome to the fold.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote