Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 09:19 PM   #18209 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
It absolutely is. My ability to work and live a normal life is affected big time. The positive thing is that I have my surgery very soon. I have Endometriosis and IBS but Endo is the reason I'm getting surgery. I'm really glad your surgery helped your pain and it is so sweet of you to send love to me for mine. I am keeping a positive outlook and am imagining me having relief from pain, at least for a while. If I can get back to earning money I can put some away so I'm better off if this situation comes around again. So was your disease the same if you don't mind me asking? It's a terrible thing that 1 in 10 women (if not more) have this disease.
Yes, Vanilla, I had endometriosis – and had laser laparascopic surgery (just as you are scheduled to have) when I was about 30. As you may know, there could be a connection between your IBS and endometriosis because the scar tissue can attach itself to the bowel and bladder, causing bleeding and inflammation in those areas during menstruation. Extensive scar tissue and cysts were found during my surgery. It was considered fairly advanced – the surgeon was able to laser out most of it. It’s so important to have a skilled surgeon familiar with the nature of this disease. So I’m very glad that you have a surgeon you know and trust. I’ll tell you this: after having terribly painful periods since age 12, it was like a minor miracle after that surgery to know what a relatively normal period was like. Yes, I still had cramping pain, but nowhere near the levels experienced before. That’s the kind of outcome I am hoping for for you (or even better, no pain for you at all! That would be nice for a change, right?).
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote