Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 08:46 AM   #8062 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
GuitarBizarre - Expert at finding complexity in the simple and thus killing light-hearted discussions efficiently and effectively.
When you get down to it, anything worth talking about is potentially complex.

"That's a logo on a website" is boring.

"That logo uses this font, created by this person for this purpose in this year, except the typesetter has altered the kerning for greater readability. They've chosen to use a websafe colour pallete for better compatibility with non-true colour displays, showing that the logo was designed according to this set of web standards and is probably quite old now, and it's been saved as a .png file rather than .jpg to take advantage of transparency features that weren't supported in IE 5.5, meaning the designer was making it in accordance with web standards rather than IE specific hacks and workarounds."

Sure, that's dry and boring as ****, and might not be relevant, but honestly? I'd rather read the latter, because it tells me something, or at least gives me a prompt to look at something else I might learn from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!