Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you find being called "black" offensive?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 09:24 AM   #67 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I was about to post exactly this. I'll just assume all those people who bitched are white people.
Well the news article did show loads of tweets from black people but they could have easily been cherry picked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
There's a reason socially conscious rap goes nowhere on the radio, and that a significant proportion of its fans are white (I'll bet money that most of the people at a Dead Prez concert are crackers); cause many black people are tired of thinking about race on a regular basis and just want to listen to music that's fun.
What a lot of people don't seem to remember is back in the 80s it was white people that bought Hip Hop to the UK.
Joe Strummer bought over Grandmaster Flash to play his first gigs here, people like Danny Kelly & Tim Westwood were playing it on the radio and writing about it in the weekly music press.

In fact when Public Enemy played London for the first time ever in 86 or 87 80% of the audience was white.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote