Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 10:43 AM   #8080 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i tend to naively assume that women who have nerdy interests like anime and the like are smart. then eventually they manage to open their mouths and destroy that fantasy. this has happened to me a few times where i misread a girl who just adopts a few nerdy tropes as being legitimately intelligent. of course i never give guys the same benefit of the doubt. wishful thinking i'm sure. i can't tell you how many time's i've thought i found a cool smart girl only to find out it was a mirage

the funny thing is i don't even care for anime or comic books or any of that crap myself i just assumed that people who get into that **** are bound to be more intelligent based on stereotypes and all that. turns out a good portion of them aren't that intelligent, just socially awkward. oh well, **** happens.
I'm one of those I can't even watch anime type people, so I assume women who don't watch it are smart. The socially awkward comment is spot on. I own Heavy Metal and watch it but thats as far as my cartoon leanings go.