Music Banter - View Single Post - John Wick and Nightcrawler
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 11:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

Two of my favorites from last year, somewhere in my 2014 top 10 for sure. I actually re-watched John Wick on Wednesday. It's ****ing great and a load of fun no doubt, but I think a lot of its appeal is the surprise you get on your first viewing, no doubt being a bit hesitant that Keanu can pull off another great action movie in his old age. I still love it, but on a second viewing it's a lot more obvious that Keanu and the director carry that entire movie, the rest of the cast are very typical and mediocre. Nightcrawler is fantastic all the way around and possibly my favorite Gyllenhaal performance, but I'm quite a sucker for Gyllenhaal's recent roles, he's been doing such a damn good job with thriller / dramas lately (Enemy, Prisoners, Source Code, Zodiac etc). I'll be watching Nightcrawler over and over again for a long time.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote