Music Banter - View Single Post - aux-in's Collection: [The Electronic Continuum]
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

My first video will be something from Skrux, a producer who has developed a following with this sweeping, melodic productions.

Skrux (ft. Anna Yvette) - "Infinite"

^^ The only thing I would like to see in this type of song is a second verse with different lyrics. With that said, I'm continually impressed by the work of this young talent.

A quote from an interview Skrux did:

Quote:
Skrux: Ha! Nothing like that. Honestly what inspires me most is the fact that people say electronic music has no emotion and that it’s just a bunch of noise. I want to show people that there’s more to it than “who can make the nastiest growl.” I also love music that has a melody, I can’t stand when a track has one note throughout the entire thing, there at least has to be some movement.
Read more: The Anti-DJ: Interview with Skrux

Andy Moor - "Fade To Light" [Original Mix]

^^ This isn't technically an instrumental, but it might as well be. I think this is an instance where the vocal edits are unnecessary, but at least they don't completely ruin the track. I'm guessing these are Andy's vocals to which he added that pitched-vocal effect.

Pyramid Scheme (ft. Jesse Cochran) - "Microphones"

^^ Here is a case where I hadn't heard of the artists before. Almost passed on this one on first listen, but after more listens, I realized how amazing these vocals are. The long version of this song has a decent intro as well that isn't in the video.

Namaste - "Signs" [Radio Edit]

^^ This is a song where the radio edit helps it. The original mix is five minutes long with vocals that repeat the same line ("all the times that you save me") too often for my tastes. The radio is just right.

Last edited by Aux-In; 06-24-2020 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Replaced broken video link
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote