Music Banter - View Single Post - Hell Date.
Thread: Hell Date.
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 08:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Hell date, eh? Well, to be honest I've never even been on a proper date, but I used to take this girl out --- let's call her Fran, for 'twas her name --- and thought I was in love with her. Knew, categorically, she was not in love with me but you know, idiot. Anyway, I could go into all the things I did for her, from paying for her car insurance and getting her a new washing machine to paying her bills, but let's not bore you.

Suffice to say, once in a whenever-she-felt-like-it she would deign to allow me to take her out to dinner, movie, whatever. I would always pay of course. That's not a problem: I would have done that had we been dating anyway. That's just the way I look at it. But this one night we went out and had a nice meal, good night all around but at the end of the meal she stood up to go to the ladies, and throughout the meal she had worn a long black coat. As she stood up she took it off to reveal a seriously short miniskirt. I nearly choked.

She walked off to the ladies, making sure to take her time of course. Now you may say so what, she liked wearing minis? Well no she didn't. She was always more into a dress or most likely jeans. You can call me arrogant and self-important here, but I know for a fact, from what I know of her, she did that to show me what I couldn't have. It was like a present you could never unwrap. It certainly told me something about her.

Now before any of you say "So what, she can wear what she likes", yes of course she can but knowing how I felt about her, don't you think she would have perhaps dressed a little less provocatively? And why reveal this only after the meal, like a sneak peek of something I would never have? Well you had to have known her, but this is the sort of thing she would do. Like another time she asked me, half-jokingly, to pretend I was married to her to piss off her ex-boyfriend, knowing that at the time that was something I dreamed of (marrying her, not pissing off her bf) and I found it very callous and cruel, playing with my emotions like that.

Anyway maybe I made more of it than it was, but it always struck me as a cruel and unnecessary thing to do. We eventually "broke up" and I haven't seen her in years, but if there's a hell date of any sort in my past that's probably it.

I know: sad ain't I?
To me that sounds more like she wanted you to make a move honestly.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote