Music Banter - View Single Post - aux-in's Collection: [The Electronic Continuum]
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Cool! Not my kind of music but I do like some electronica (lighter stuff like Air, JMJ, Vangelis, CBL, Solar Fields etc)
Sounds good. I haven't heard of any of those. I like and listen to slow music from time to time, but after awhile, I find that it doesn't have the staying power without a bit of an edge.

Quote:
great to see you taking the plunge so early and I think this will be interesting.
I have tried some of this before in other places and it can be a headache trying to figure out what goes in what thread as far as genres are concerned. I thought it might be best to keep these selections all in one place and not get so caught up in the whole genre thing. A lot of this stuff is cross-genre as well; it's a really exciting time for Electronica. Hopefully I can make it interesting .

Quote:
One piece of advice: if as you say this is going to feature a lot of videos make sure to spoiler them. A ton of YouTubes slows down most computers and you won't get any love from mods who are trying to approve your entries either. Believe me, I know!
OK, good to know. Thanks.

-----

I forgot to mention in my OP that I have always liked the female singer/songwriter thing, so to me, some of the tracks are a fusion between rock and that, as well as a number of other influences (pop, orchestral, metal, etc.) mixed with electronic techniques. I would say for the time period in this thread, I have discovered about 300 songs. After that, it has slowed down some. Not every one of those needs detailed discussion or videos, so I will try to compile my list and pick out which tracks need to be here and/or others where a simple track title mention will suffice. This review process will be good as I can go back and eliminate a few that shouldn't be there.
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote