Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #8214 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
I have no idea whether he's a homophobe or not. Frankly, that doesn't matter to me. You use the term for comedic effect. I wouldn't particularly use that word either but at least I know why you're doing it. Why the f*ck do you have to throw f*ggot into a description about a movie? Then, one of our members gets offended and the excuse of "Oh, I wasn't using it sexually" was thrown in. That's f*cking bullsh*t.

That's like saying "Hey John, I'm glad your mom is dead. OH JUST KIDDING LOLZ"

It's offensive that way he used it. I didn't mean to call out the mods. I actually like JWB. I just don't like that particular reasoning he uses often. I was just pissed.
Well if he didn't mean it sexually, then it's not bull**** if he says he didn't mean it sexually. I doubt he was saying that only gay men like art movies, or that only effeminate men like art movies. Sure he was using "faggot" to mean pretentious, but "pretentious" is a specific word, whereas faggot is an inclusive word that implies a more vague negativity--though an old-world dislike/mistrust of "non-manly" things is at least subconsciously implied.

Not justifying it, but demonizing vocabulary is dangerously close to being the thought police, so I prefer to look at it objectively.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.