Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello guys!
Thread: Hello guys!
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 02:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtwhtgrvty View Post
I never called him that, though. I asked if he was comfortable being labeled as that. If someone came in and started linking a bunch of skinhead punk, it wouldn't be unlikely for someone to think "okay this person is probably racist." By saying you are a fan of Eminem, you are, at the very least, sending out an implication, whether deliberate or otherwise, that you are tolerant of casual homophobia and misogyny, and willing to support and identify with an artist that expresses said point of view, a point of view I personally find highly offensive.

I never called him a misogynistic homophobe. I asked him if he was comfortable with the label. A label is not definitive. A label is more often than not placed upon someone by someone other than that particular individual.

I pick my words very carefully, unlike you.
Yes you did choose your words. Either he's comfortable with the label, which for him to admit would give the appearance that he is in fact a misogynist homophobe, or that he is ignorant of something childish, implying that he is stupid.

So you are either a condescending, pseudo-intellectual prick, out to show everyone how smart he thinks he is, or you are condescending pseudo-intellectual, wannabe moral crusader, out to show everyone how smart he thinks he is.

Either way, you're a ****ing dick.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote