Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 07:26 PM   #282 (permalink)
Key

The more time that I do this section, the more soundtracks that I forget when I post, which is a good thing because that just means this section isn't dying any time soon.

Not only is Goat Simulator a fantastic third person simulator of a goat, it's always got a surprisingly catchy soundtrack to go along with it, and the creators really nailed it when they put these the game and the soundtrack together. It just adds to the awesome that is this game...

Spoiler for song:

Some games I play don't have an official soundtrack, but they only have one or two songs that are used for the menu screens, or things like that. 7 Days To Die is an example of that. As far as I know, I don't think there really is any other music found within the game except at the menu screen, but man, the song is so ****ing good that it really sets the mood for what you're about to experience in a game like this.

Spoiler for song:

With Borderlands 2, there wasn't a whole lot that had to be done to make the game as enjoyable as it was, but the soundtrack really gave the game the true feel that it had. Every track that you'd hear when you're traveling from place to place really felt like the song belonged there, as if it were meant to be, even though I guess it was.

This song really captures this area of the game so perfectly that it's almost depressing to have to leave the area every time you want to do a mission, but it's made up for when you come back and hear the calming sounds of this song when you're just ready to pack up your supplies and head out again. Truly a remarkable soundtrack for an already great game.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote