Music Banter - View Single Post - Hell Date.
Thread: Hell Date.
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #59 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I assume you're speaking in general since the only thing we've really been discussing is the existence of the friendzone. Unless you have particular instances you're thinking about. I don't pretend to be much of anything when it comes to feminism. I agree with much of it, but in general I just don't think about it enough to really know where I stand on the misogyny scale. I like to think I'm female friendly, but I'm not arrogant enough to pretend to be enlightened.

I just don't think the atmosphere of the site has become antagonistic towards women. Most of the people on here are still fuzzy wuzzy liberals who hold many of the same views as Sansa, if not the invective.
I'd disagree on that. I mean, nobody should really at this point be denying that Dirty is a misogynist, on top of being freaky psychotic and a bunch of other not-so-great things.

But every. single. ****ing. time. he comes back under a new pseudonym, the same thing happens.

1 - New member shows up who talks like Dirty
2 - A bunch of arguments over whether it's Dirty or not
3 - Arguments subside, period of posting where Dirty makes it his business to go into sansa-esque threads and be bigoted and dumb
4 - A ton of people see this and argue over whether he's an ******* or not
5 - Invariably, a majority of people say something along the lines of "He can be a bit dickish but I like the guy"

6 - Several months of this later the mods finally have enough and ban him, then he goes ape**** and spams the forum with new accounts after admitting he was dirty all along.

The thing that concerns me is that so many people here are so, SO ready to just assume a guy with those opinions is a normal regular guy they should/could be friends with.

That doesn't tell me this is a forum of lefties. It tells me this is a forum of mild-to-moderate misogynists and a few borderline SJWs keeping that in check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote