Music Banter - View Single Post - Manners
Thread: Manners
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 09:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Thanking a bus driver is nice considering they do everything they can to get you where you need to be. I honestly find it inappropriate not to thank a driver. Don't wanna appreciate a driver, you can walk ten or twenty miles to get to work.
Some bus drivers can be more crabby than you are on a bad day. The secret is to say "hello" when you step on the bus. If the bus driver is nice, he or she will respond in like fashion. They are the bus drivers to thank. If they act snooty or crabby then exit by the side doors to avoid the situation of saying "thank you" all together. \

edit: You can also improv, you don't always have to say "thank you" - "be safe, take care, good evening" are good alternatives.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 02-16-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote