Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 09:15 AM   #287 (permalink)
Key

City and Colour - Little Hell

Yeah, i'm a sucker for anything acoustic in the morning. It's a good thing to wake up to, and it's not too overwhelming to make my ears bleed right off the bat. However, I do have that rare occasion where anything acoustic in the morning doesn't do what I need it to do, but in most cases, I enjoy it.

City and Colour seems to be the default acoustic-esque artist that I turn to when I need something that's calming and a little depressing to give me a bit of feeling right off the bat, but that just makes it better when I listen to something more uplifting and awesome, and man I love it. However, most people should know that when you listen to City and Colour, you're going to hear lyrics that are borderline depressing, but in a good artistic way. The album I posted titled "Little Hell" seemed to find the perfect middle ground between artistic and depressing, making it an album that I like to listen to at least once a week to remind myself how great of an artist Dallas Green is, if I didn't know already. Upon it's release, it was already gaining the recognition is undoubtedly deserves, but when I listen to it more and more, it continues to get better. Is it a grower? Not really. It's honestly just an album that with time, won't grow stale, at least i'm hoping.

I chose the live version over the studio version because I really do think Dallas Green has such an amazing stage presence that it just makes listening to the music that much more satisfying. That was the way it was when he was with Alexisonfire, and he still keeps that attitude even on his own, and I find that amazing in it's own right. Plus, in comparison to his studio sound, I think he sounds better in any live version.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote