Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 08:39 PM   #288 (permalink)
Key

Hawthorne Heights - Fragile Future

"Ki, what's the deal, you keep posting about bands that nobody is allowed to like, first it's Alesana, now it's this? What is wrong wtih you?"

Man, let me tell you something, 99% of the time, the reason i'm still listening to these bands is because of the nostalgia factor. And yes, I do also love me some Hawthorne Heights, I can't tell a lie. I mean, I could, but what would be the point. Seriously, I do like this band a lot, and I listen to them for a while, then I feel like they drop off the face of the earth, than I listen to them again, over and over and over that goes. I never come to hate them though, since there's always going to be that nostalgia factor that allows me to enjoy them no matter what.

Anyway, I chose this album over any other album because out of a lot of their tracks in their discog, this one has some of my all time favorite Hawthorne Heights tracks. There's only a few, but they're my favorites in all sorts of different ways. I honestly can't remember for the life of me which track was released before the entire album, but I remember that one of the first tracks I thoroughly enjoyed off this album was Until The Judgement Day.

I think another reason why I find this album to be as great as I like to think it is, is due to the fact that it was released without Casey Calvert, who had sadly passed away. When this album was released, I don't know what I was expecting, and how they were going to cope with losing such an integral part of their band, but alas, they were able to stay strong and release a fantastic album that really changed a lot about my childhood. I say childhood, because I remember reading the news about Casey on Myspace. Yeah, Myspace was a thing remember? Anyway, I think it'll always hit home just with that fact alone, but of course there are many other reasons why I consider this album to be one of their finer crafted albums, but that'd take years to explain, and I don't have that long.

The thing is, this really isn't the only great album they have in their discography, but I honestly feel like anything that was released after this album wasn't as great as the one prior. I'm of course talking about Skeletons and Zero. Both of those albums are fine, I mean I can enjoy them every now and again, but I don't really feel the passion that the band should be able to convey like they did with this album, and the two before it. I do want to mention another track from a different album though, just for the sake of it. This is my journal anyway, so I do what I want. The track comes from the album titled If Only You Were Lonely.

The reason I'm posting this here instead of in it's own post is because i'm keeping it very short and sweet. Without this track, I wouldn't have been exposed to Hawthorne Heights at all, and with how catchy it is, it wouldn't have urged me to pick up the album and listen to it in it's entirety thus not allowing me to hear Fragile Future at all when I did, and that would've been a bummer. Great track from another great album.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote