Music Banter - View Single Post - Echoes of Antiquity
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Default Echoes of Antiquity

Albums from Antiquity

I thought about the idea for this journal for some time now. I am calling it Albums from Antiquity but it not exclusively about albums. And I am using "antiquity" from the idea that cars are "antiques" after 25 years. So this journal is basically about music released over 25 years ago. My listening habits usually change between genres, and eras. After listening to one type of music I have to switch. My love for older music has always been an interest of mine, and it's always something I go back to, it's my comfort zone. I understand maybe it's not for every one, and it's possible that appreciation for it is an acquired taste. So I start this journal with no expectations. I have a feeling it be totally irrelevant to the general Music Banter audience. I have some apprehension because that, yet something is compelling me to go ahead make this journal.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote